Teatime in Oblivion

 "It's been a while", she said. 

"What do you want, now?", I asked.

 She stuttered, incapable of compiling the words she was looking for. I just sipped my coffee, making sure that it's worth all the money spent.

"Why did you leave ?", she asked. 

I paused for a while, retrospecting while silently staring someplace else. I wasn't even looking her in the eye. But still, this is the girl I adored many times ago. Now, we are nothing but stranger. So, I tried to be as blunt as possible.

"I see no more reasons. No amount of knowledge to be extracted, no skills, no benefits. And truth be told, nobody will miss or reach me personally. Some people will ask, but that's that.", I explained. 

She gets quiet for a while, trying to comprehend the situation. I know not what's inside her head. She's just sipping her own tea in her calm, colloquial demeanor like many times ago. 

"You know, I like talking with you guys", she smiled. Awkwardly.

"Funny you should say 'you guys'. I was right; no amount of power here, or beyond will change the fact that I pose no value to you, intrinsically.", then I stood, preparing myself to walk away from this situation.

"Oh please! Don't leave! It won't be as good if the group's incomplete", she yelled. 

I sense anger, disgust in her face. This is the woman that I used to adore and hold in high esteem. Maybe back then, the blinding imagination I had. 

"But my existence was irrelevant. It was boring anyway", I said.

"Well", she smiled, and said, "it's your right. But I just want the clan to be complete". 

She smiles, but something about this is weird. I saw nothing genuine about it.

"It is. And I am sure, if you want to talk to me personally, you'd have done that long ago. Reaching me personally, nothing attached. But you didn't do that. What's the point in doing this, anyway?", I explained. 

"Well, you're not wrong", she said.The smile faded away, the disgust in her face reappeared by the moment I tried to turn around. I couldn't care less about anything involving her anymore. 

"Of course I'm right. That's why I'm doing it", I whispered to myself. 

Comments

Popular Posts