A letter of reassurance

I might not be the most heart-warming people. Cold and strict , too serious and rigid. But know this: not a single day in my life passed without me wondering how to connect with other's inner world.

True, I can be so clueless about feelings. I feared that opening up proven to be exhausting. I will trade all this swirling madness and insanity for comfort and simplicity. For the sake of being human, I will toss aside all my inhumanities.

I know of love. I had it once, but it ended as it begins. What I am looking for is a chance to be in love, but it turned out to be a difficult task. So, for the sake of being in touch with the world, I stopped. At least, that what I thought before I met you.

You're empathetic, sincere and an insightful person. I stated my interest to you at the first time. I know, it was a mistake, but I believe that is the most wonderful mistake I've ever made. The more we interact with each other, the more I realize that you are worth the risk.

I tried to flirt, indirectly stating my feelings and interest for you, but you repelled them all as if it was nothing. You had your issues, and I respect that. The more I know you, the more I will get sick of you. That was your automated response to me. I was mad at first, accusing you of being an avoidant person who's afraid to fall. But I took my time to step back and rethink all the consequences of having to deal with you. I assure myself that I will be fine, cause trying to care for someone will always be risky. I promised myself that I won't budge, and I won't give up easily.

I like you, in a romantic way. I am trying to adapt with your inner self, and I have no difficulties to do so. And now I know that all my approach with feelings was misdirected, cause my strategy was meant for someone like me.

I don't expect any reciprocation, or anything mutual. I sensed that you're comfortable interacting with me, and that's enough. I do care for you, though I'm having difficulties in order to do so. Loving might seem too far-fetched, cause I can't decide yet, where this feelings will settle down. For now, all the things I do, however petty, I do it to gain your favor, cause I like you just the way you are. 


Comments

Popular Posts