Even Hades Cries

I was born great, or so I thought. This gift, commanding the void and the dark fragments of reality was just a few greatness that I can do. All my brothers and sisters was just like me. I was the first born of my kind, and soon I will be the ruler of all these things.

Then the Great war happened. Our previous bond was shattered. I was betrayed, humiliated by those whom I called brothers and sisters. In my defense, I was kind of holding back. In exchange, I ruled the subterranean part of the world, along with the realm of the dead. Well, they named it after me and myself. I own all the fruits of the earth, the vast part of the realm other than this one.

My brother said that I should manage this part, since nobody will manage to. I am a sucker to praise and flattery, and yeah they got me. Only I can make  the rule regarding the cycle of departure from this pale world, and since no being cannot simply reach thDe'eis place, I made them built some water canal as an entrance from the mortal realm into mine, named Styx.

Seeing how compassionate I was, my youngest brother made sure that her daughter to be my companion for eternity. Thus, the management of the Underworld were given to me. I was the king, the dealer, and the one who ruled the dead. Even I get to pick my pets. Cerberus or Kerberos, as I recalled, is not fond of corpse. They'll experience this world longer than the rest of the residents, though, which is fine.

Years passed, everything works fine. Another centuries passed, my power had grown a lot, compared to how I was before. I had more time now that Thanatos gained my favor. We did some good work when the war went awry. Busy day indeed, that was. I didn't even notice that some punk were trespassing my home. In the end, I am the dealer here. They won't leave without my blessings and permission, which is kind of disadvantage at my side.

Centuries passed, still doing the same thing. Those brats above might be slightly popular compared to me, but it was nothing compared to my newest achievement: all the riches below belongs to me: even those nasty bone of beasts and that glowing rock that I despised so much cause it's "too glowing". Gold, silver, and all mineral which men sought 'til their last breath wont be able to be extracted without my blessings. I may not be sitting up there, but my popularity surpassed those Olympians. I was feared, respected as the lord of the Underworld
 Even those furry-helmed guys worshipped me, calling me Pluto or Plotto, something like that. 

On the other hand, being the ruler of these world below (lately I heard a rumor that my home were called "the Underworld"; which is a good name, btw) has its own irony; none of those mortal thanked me like they did to the Olympians. We are relatives, but none of them would visit their uncle, brother or in-law. It is rather useless when you realized that you cannot have fun or bragging about something if you have less people to tell you their stories. I have the power, yet not the spectator, the audience to witness my malicious yet necessary duty.

I will come to the surface world, cause J could not bear this any longer. I will drag those above to here, so they know this maddening silence I've has since the beginning.  Know me, o Olympians. Hades will claim what is truly his. 

Comments

Popular Posts